definitely not in Kansas anymore
...but I was last week! I got to take a 5 day trip back to the good ol' U.S. of A. for my brother's wedding and it was absolutely amazing! As with most of my decisions, I decided at the last minute to book a plane ticket to I had to post this picture because it is so entertaining to me. Katie looks to have taken one too many pictures and got frozen in that position, I'm awfully surprised about something, and Trevor looks just plain mischevious.
During my time there, Trevor gave us a tour of Cessna which was pretty sweet. Even sweeter, however, was when we each got to select the plane of our choice as a souvenir. Unfortunately, after testing mine out, I had to make the tough decision to leave it behind because gas prices these days are just not very conducive to using a jet as my primary mode of transportation.
After a close run-in with the customs officers, I arrived with 8 of my tamales to share. I was a bit nervous about feeding my family questionable food just a few days before the wedding, but it seems to have worked out all right.
The end of my adventure left me with much time on my hands at the Dallas airport... and what an airport it is! I hopped on the Skytrain and made a complete loop around the airport and then got off and caught the next train going the opposite direction for another loop. Although it may sound like I was pretty desperate for some entertainment (which I was), I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it if you ever happen to be at DFW and have some time to waste.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home