change is in the air
Some recent changes:
1. The Rain. After a week of overcast afternoons, the rains came down hard today. I quite enjoyed just listening to it hit the tin roof-- that is until it becaming deafening and I had to get away for a little while. Along with the rain comes some amazing thunderstorms. It's pretty sweet to watch it hit the nearby volcano and the thunder is amazing! It goes on for at least 10-15 seconds at a time before it starts dying off and you can hear it echo through the valley.
2. Daylight Savings. Guatemala has decided to switch to daylight savings time. . . a month after the U.S. From what I hear, they tried it out last year, but the people simply didn't change their clocks, so it was officially changed back after 3 weeks. We'll have to wait and see how it goes this time around. (According to this map <http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.htm> Guatemala is officially on DST)
3. Pacaya. Our volcano climb scheduled for Saturday was postponed with word that it has been especially active in the last few days and experts are expecting an eruption at any time. I haven't heard any recent updates, but with the afore mentioned cloud cover we wouldn't be able to see much anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home