It’s crazy how much a place can change in 24 hours. I’m sitting here in the computer room, the one place you can almost always find somebody, but today it’s just me, the rain and Rascal Flatts.
Perhaps I should explain. My program has officially ended, however, due to a miscommunication, I booked my flight home for a day later than everyone else. Thus, I am still here while all of my amigos are scattering across North America. It’s actually been kind of neat. I got to make both trips to the airport to see everyone off and then spend some time in Antigua. Now I’m working on getting all of my last minute stuff taken care of including sorting out a bazillion pictures and attempting to pack six months of life into two 50 lb. bags and a carry-on. The most interesting part of today has been the altered state of consciousness I seem to be experiencing. Not only is it a crazy emotional time of saying goodbye and crazy stressful time of trying to get everything done, but I’m doing it all on extreme sleep deprivation. For the past two weeks I haven’t gotten more than 5 hours of sleep every night due to a combination of lack of time and a violent cough. On top of that, there was a little final-night-together pow-wow in our room last night, going strong all the way until 4:30 this morning when we made our first trip to the airport. I’ve been busy since then, but somehow I have the strange feeling that I’m going to crash very, very soon.
So this is it. After all of the adventure, confusion, excitement, frustration, and a whole lot of good times-- I’m leaving. Guatemala has become a second home to me and I hope I’ll get to spend more time here at some point, but for that I’ll have to wait and see what God has in store for me. I have the strange feeling that He has a few surprises up his sleeve and I’m excited to find out where I end up in the coming years.
Thank you so much for all of the prayers and encouraging emails while I’ve been here. I have been so blessed with amazing friends and family. I hope to see you all soon!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home